Friday, April 3, 2015

Fedex bringeth good things... Stark Bros!

Well the plants all arrived in boxes from Stark Bros so now I have a BUNCH of trees and bushes to get planted this weekend.  It is good to see everything is here... Now for the fun part! 

I will get you some pictures of the plants how they arrived in the mail and of course I will try to get you some pictures of the BTE beds and locations where I am planting them.  It will be a busy weekend planting it looks like!  And of course a recap of what we are planting and how it looks.

I was out checking the apple trees we already have in the yard to see how they are doing.  They are starting to bud out with the little leaf cluster buds.  So the deep mulch does appear to help slow the trees response to try and leaf out and flower early.  So we will see how it goes this year.  This morning we had SNOW on the ground!  So 70+ degrees one day, and snow the next... This is why it is so hard to grow fruit trees in CO!  You end up loosing your blooms to the crazy frost and temp swings.  So far so good with the deep mulch around the trees in delaying the trees a little bit.  So all we can do now is wait and see how soon they start to bloom out.  This year was the first year I have pruned my apple trees since I planted them a couple of years ago so I am excited to see how they respond this year to the thinning and pruning.  So it is an exciting time to watch and learn! 

I hope you have a wonderful holiday weekend.  It is a wonderful time of planting and spiritual reflection.  :-)  God Bless!



No comments:

Post a Comment