Notice there is NO TILLING. NO DISTURBING the soil. Once you get your Back to Eden garden bed up and running the maintenance is minimal, and no more battling weeds. Give it a try!
HOW TO COVER A BACK TO EDEN GARDEN:
- For an ideal Back to Eden garden, apply 3-4 sheets of newspaper.
- Then apply 3-4 inches of organic compost orcomposted manure.
- Then an additional 2-4 inches of wood chips oralternative covering on top.
- If you are implementing the methods in the Spring or Summer, additionally apply a dusting of composted manure for organic fertilizer.
- Note: *If you are using raw wood chips, allow time for them to break down (at least Fall - Winter). You will experience more work fertilizing with organic manure if you wait until the Spring or Summer to apply raw wood chips.
- Note: *If you are using composted wood chips that have had time to decay, you may apply and plant in the compost immediately.
- Note: *If you are using composted wood chips that have been screened, you may apply and plant in them immediately (Paul prefers this method for his home garden).
For a sneak peak check out the Back To Eden Film instructions: How to Plant a Back To Eden Garden
Take Care, and God Bless you,